Some people were complained that it’s difficult to find information about all Jakarta EE projects and their transfer status. I collected this information in the table below. For today it’s the most complete and accurate data. Links points to a project home page if the project is created and to a proposal if the project has not been created yet.
As part of a process of transferring Java EE 8 to the Eclipse Foundation, EclipseLink source code repository was moved from Eclipse git to eclipse-ee4j organization on GitHub. It aligns EclipseLink with other EE4J projects and makes it more open to the community.
If you are a committer don’t forget to update your local copy!
|New Location||Old Location|
|Repository||EE4J GitHub||Eclipse git + Mirror|
|Issues Tracker||EE4J GitHub + Eclipse BugZilla||Eclipse BugZilla|
From now on GitHub repository becomes a main working repository. All pull request and code reviews must be done there. Old repository on Eclipse git is switched to read only mode and will be eventually deleted as well as it’s mirror on GitHub.
I am also recommending using GitHib issues tracker for bugs submission the same way as other EE4J projects are doing. The old issues tracker is still active though.
Other project repositories (examples, etc.) will be also moved to EE4J GitHub in the nearest future.
As part of a process of transferring Java EE 8 to the Eclipse Foundation, Yasson source code repository was moved from eclipse organization to eclipse-ee4j organization on GitHub.
All Yasson committers have to update local working copies.
Today is a big date. I just pushed JSON Processing sources to Eclipse EE4J GitHub repository.
See it live here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jsonp
More project coming soon! The firsts make history. And the first one was JSON-P!
I am happy to announce that today EclipseLink and Yasson have been transferred under EE4J and officially became first two EE4J projects! EE4J now contains some real Java code and it’s a big step forward!
New projects URLs are:
Committers list, mailing list and forum URLs are not changed.
I am pleased to inform you that a new version of Yasson (1.0.1) has been released today.
- FIXED: [#57] Unexpected behaviour from @jsonbtypeadapter when marking a field bug
- FIXED: [#48] Serializing ‘naked’ enum throws exception java.lang.IllegalAccessException bug
- FIXED: [#47] Serialising enum uses toString() method not name() as specified in section 3.9 of specification bug
- FIXED: [#43] Date format customisation is ignored if custom instantiation is used bug
- FIXED: [#42] Serializing a map doesn’t use serializers bug
- FIXED: [#39] Nillable customizations ignore default rules for processing classes bug
- FIXED: [#34] NullPointerException when @jsonbtransient is applied on property without setter bug
- Switched to JSON-P 1.1.2
- Performance improved
The release is available on Maven Central.